What information do we collect?
We collect certain information you provide to us when using iTagged, such as when you create an account and profile, send us an email or post information or other content to iTagged. We collect certain personal information, like your name, address, picture, email address, phone number, gender and date of birth. We will also collect the contact information of your friends, if you choose to connect your contacts and address book information with iTagged and your login credentials to your social network accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, if you choose to connect those accounts with your iTagged account.
We also automatically collect certain information when you use iTagged, such as your location/GPS coordinates. You can enable or disable location services when you use iTagged at anytime, through your mobile device settings. This information is not treated as personal information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned above.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our Services, and to improve our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our Services as follows:
- to provide our Services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyse usage and trends, and to personalize and improve iTagged and your experiences when you use iTagged, such as providing content or features that match your profile or interests (including ads), and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our Services;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Services;
- to allow you to add your location to your posts;
- to find and connect with your friends (when instructed by you);
- to let your friends know about your moments on iTagged; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What information do we share with third parties?
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- with your friends on iTagged with whom you want to share your moments on iTagged, and according to the preferences set in your account;
- with certain social networking services, if you allow such sharing through our Services;
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our Services (these service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes);
- we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Links to other Sites
Accessing and modifying your information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided us that is associated with your account. You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us, about your account, our Services and other pertinent information related to our Services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
You can deactivate your account by contacting Support@iTagged.com. When you deactivate your account, other users will no longer see your profile or information (but your information is saved, in case you want to reactivate your account at some point in the future). If you want to delete your information and your account, please contact us with a request that we delete your account and information. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
1st April 2015